Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with LineTrace direction

hello
    I tried to set a LineTrace from a Socket which should face away from the Gun linked to the Socket. The problem is that the tracer comes from the socket, how it should, but goes to the left when i fire. I have no idea what the problem is, because i am new to UE. I hope someone can figure it out, because i for sure cant.

The UE4 character mesh is rotated 90° around the Z axis by default (facing Y), so your trace is probably going in the right direction just your character is rotated incorrectly So easy fix just select the character mesh in your blueprint viewport and rotate it to face x forward.

Comment

Originally posted by VodkaStrike View Post
      hello
      I tried to set a LineTrace from a Socket which should face away from the Gun linked to the Socket. The problem is that the tracer comes from the socket, how it should, but goes to the left when i fire. I have no idea what the problem is, because i am new to UE. I hope someone can figure it out, because i for sure cant.
      Did you try to rotate the socket about 180 degree?
      [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo][Reallusion Technical Expert]

Comment

It will probably be because of the rotated static mesh. the quick fix is to get the "right" (as in not "left" or "forward") vector. That will turn the line trace 90 degrees to the right.
        I'm @londonisunreal, the organiser of the London Unreal Engine Meetup group.

Comment

I solved it via tinkering and tutorials, but thanks for the suggestions!
          The problem wasn´t the rotation because i did rotate it when i created the Character. I don´t know what the solution was in the end, but now its working!

Comment

Working...
          X