Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ComboBox won't dropdown when placed inside another WidgetBP(Resolved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ComboBox won't dropdown when placed inside another WidgetBP(Resolved)

This was the incorrect question to ask, the CB does indeed dropdown, I have a different problem than I Proposed, sorry... this thread can be closed.

I have a Widget, inside of which is a combobox...

If I add the widget that the combobox is in, to the viewport, the dropdown works and I can see the options added.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	1455966

(Creating Widget, Set REF to CB, Adding to viewport - works as intended)

However, as soon as I take the widget the CB is in, and place it inside another widget, and add that to the viewport instead, the CB appears but the dropdown no longer drops down.

EDIT: I had the wrong Screenshot up, grrrrr.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	56.7 KB ID:	1455996

I have debugged it to the point where I know that the options are getting added, the list just doesn't drop down. I have also reproduced this in another project.

What is happening? Any help would be great, thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	1455970

Here is the first widget (WcbLocalNPC) inside the widget WMainGUI, Nothing crazy is going on and I have done this before... so I'm either having a derp moment and missing something simple, or new 4.19 bug?
    Last edited by SofToxin; 04-05-2018, 05:06 PM.

Have you checked the Z Order? A friend had an issue in a project where his buttons wouldn't press and it's because something was on top of them
    Last edited by Jackimedes; 04-05-2018, 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

EDIT: My second screenshot was the wrong screenshot. Hopefully the new one better explains my issue

That's not it, the button clicks it just doesn't drop down to show the options... also there is nothing else in the widget that I placed the widget with CB in, so nothing can be on top of it. Thanks for the thought though!

Really wish I could figure it out though, I've lost half the day debugging lol.

It all works as intended, place the widget in another widget and it doesn't work. I get no "accessed none" errors (no errors at all actually). And I'm 100% positive the options are being added, as I debugged it to that point.

Ive tried placing it in a hor/ver box, ive tried just widget... something happens when simply placing it inside of another widget...
      Last edited by SofToxin; 04-05-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Well, can you actually click the combobox and does it get highlight when mouse is over it?
        It looks like the second widget MainGUI is blocking the input and combobox isn't clicked at all. Even if MainGUI is transparent it stll may cover whole screen and be Visible for mouse input.

Comment

Originally posted by exadi View Post
          Well, can you actually click the combobox and does it get highlight when mouse is over it?
          It looks like the second widget MainGUI is blocking the input and combobox isn't clicked at all. Even if MainGUI is transparent it stll may cover whole screen and be Visible for mouse input.
          Yes, the CB is indeed clickable, and highlights.

Comment

How do you "place it inside another widget"? From the screenshots you attached it looks like you are creating 2 widgets and only one is added to viewport (not sure if that would cause any problems at all) Maybe second widget has its own combobox as well and you are interacting with it and not with the one you want.

If you can reproduce it in fresh project you may sent it over to me and I will take a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by exadi View Post
              How do you "place it inside another widget"? From the screenshots you attached it looks like you are creating 2 widgets and only one is added to viewport (not sure if that would cause any problems at all) Maybe second widget has its own combobox as well and you are interacting with it and not with the one you want.

If you can reproduce it in fresh project you may sent it over to me and I will take a look at it.
              I believe I have proposed the incorrect problem... it turns out the options are not being added. Sorry for wasting everyones time, I will have to open a new thread to figure out why. It is generally the same problem, but it isn't that the list doesn't drop down, its that the options aren't being added once the WCBLocalNPC widget is placed in the WMainGUI widget. Thank you for taking the time anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X