Infinite world generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinite world generation

I have made a terrain generating blueprint, but I don't like the fact that I have to set a certain number to generate the terrain. How can I make the world generate to infinite automatically without changing any number?

Do I have to add something else in it or remove something?

Here's my blueprint:

What blueprint makes the terrain generate to infinite automatically using the blueprint from this image? I also have to make sure it won't cause any lag when it generates

Comment

Really? nobody knows how? I've searched through the internet about how to make infinite world generator and nothing helpful, not even the endless runner tutorial because it has a way different blueprint than this. If I try to set the maximum size of the terrain, the lag just "takes over" my pc. There has to be a way to make it infinite. Aren't there any documents about infinite generating world or something else. No, I won't try Voxel Procedural plugin cause I don't have the money, more than that it means cheating, and I don't want to cheat.

Comment

Lemme see memory leaks galore, Memory Crashes. CPU overload. new computer, I hear that making infinite land usually ends up with it being repetitive.

Comment

And how can I make it repetitive. For example, If I want to make the world load on chunks to prevent the lag, how can I do that? I still don't know blueprints soo much.
          I need to read the blueprint manual that explains clearly every blueprint nodes....

Comment

In games like Minecraft chunks are generated, saved and loaded based on player movement. The logic is usually something like:

1. For every chunk around the player:
            a) If it is not generated then generate it.
            b) If it was generated previously but is not currently loaded then load it.

2. For every chunk in memory that is far from player
            a) save and unload

You can implement a system like that in Blueprint of course. Not sure about saving and loading though because I do not remember if file I/O is exposed to Blueprint. If not then you would need to use C++ for that.
            Last edited by Robert Khalikov; 04-07-2018, 06:17 AM.
            Realistic Atmosphere 2.0 | YouTube | Forum | Marketplace

Comment

Manual coding was never my favorite way to create games, I always prefer visual coding(blueprint) cause it's way easier to understand how each node work. It is also similar to cinema 4D Xpresso where you have to insert a node then drag the output to the input of the next node, but no, it doesn't have a search bar when right-clicking because there are not that many nodes.

Skiping the details, seems like there is no way I could make the world generate in chunks to infinite because I still don't know that much about blueprint. Guess I'm gonna need to learn every blueprint nodes in order to make the application without help. If I'm not mistaken, those people who know how to use blueprint are people who were used to it from the first day, just like me who got used to Xpresso

Oh well....guess this topic shall now be closed...

Comment

Working...
              X