Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach to component (Only on server)

Hey guys

Im trying to attach an actor (Set to replicate) to a socket using the "Attach To Component" node on the server, but i only want it to attach on the server and not on the clients, Is this possible? I have movement replication turned off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1453488

I have it running on a owning client event already this does not seam to make a difference, am I missing something?

Thanks guys any help would be awesome.

I remember we had a lot of trouble working with AttachTo in a multiplayer environment.

In your case is it attaching in on all machines? Even if you specified only on Server? Is that your issue?
    [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
    A-RPG Sacred Swords
    Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Yun-Kun View Post
      I remember we had a lot of trouble working with AttachTo in a multiplayer environment.

In your case is it attaching in on all machines? Even if you specified only on Server? Is that your issue?
      Hey,

I actually found a work around, so for anyone else who gets stuck with this.

Instead of attaching the actor i created a non replicated scene component in the actor i want to attach to the character and then I attach that component instead and attach that component on the server to the character, then i call a multicast and filler out the server by using a branch and the condition Is Server then i added a new attach node from the false of that branch and attach the whole actor (On the clients) to the socket i want it attached to.

I hope this can help anyone else that get stuck on this in the future as it took me about 7 hours of painful trial and error to get working (I had maybe to many beers to be working on this). If anyone needs more details just let me know.
      Last edited by Defuse Studios; 04-01-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X