Timer By Event - Delay on first loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timer By Event - Delay on first loop

I have a timer by event node that handles my stamina increasing after stamina use stops. I want a delay on the first loop through so stamina doesn't increase again immediately. I cannot put the delay before the timer as this causes a delay in clearing the "Decrease Stamina" timer event. I have tried putting a boolean to check if it's the first time but I guess it loops every 0.05 seconds regardless and it's skipping the delay. How can I get this delay implemented?

I added a sequence node before the delay and made sure 0 cleared the timer which has semi-resolved the issue. The issue now is that a re-use of stamina (ie dodge a few times) does not reset the delay

Comment

If you just want the stamina to recover over time after a set period after use, can't you just do this?
      YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC1qaQM1VnY441J5lCLCPMwg

Comment

I could do but I'm trying to avoid using Event Tick where possible.

Also general question based on your screenshot; what is the benefit of directly setting the percent of a progress bar as opposed to binding it to the difference between two values (eg a current and a max healt/stamina/mana etc etc)?

Comment

I solved the issue! I created a boolean called UsingStamina which I set to true every time I, you guessed it, use stamina! And then I set it to false on the increase event. When increasing I do a check in the loop to see if it has become true and stop the event if it has

Comment

Originally posted by Jackimedes View Post
            I solved the issue! I created a boolean called UsingStamina which I set to true every time I, you guessed it, use stamina! And then I set it to false on the increase event. When increasing I do a check in the loop to see if it has become true and stop the event if it has
            Belay that, multiple dodges does not reset the delay

Comment

try a retriggerable delay instead.
              Tracey White - Senior Design Visualization Artist / PC Game Enthusiast / Drummer
              My Maze Game development video series
              My Maze Game Blog

Comment

This solved it

Comment

You could also block it using DoOnce node, this way the gate will stay closed for the next iteration until the delay node finishes.

Comment

Working...
                  X