Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spawned Emitters Not Playing Server-Side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spawned Emitters Not Playing Server-Side?

I'm running into an issue with spawning particles when an event happens in my Blueprint. The Particle Spawn and plays through fine on the Client that created it, but the effect is not played on any of the other clients on the server. My event graph looks like the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	JUMPERROR1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	1137663

Name:	Jump2.JPG
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1137664

Can anybody explain why this is happening, and how to correctly spawn Particle and SFX on a server that propagates to clients when a client does something? (Also, ignore the Can Jump variable, disconnecting that causes no change).

Update
    Originally I thought it just wasn't spawning server-side, but it's actually the propagation to other clients that's the issue.. The Particle DOES spawn on the Client side, but it does not replicate that to the OTHER clients. So how do I go about ensuring it replicates to everything? Setting the Server_Jump event to Multicast also doesn't work.

Update 2
    Managed to get it working, but it requires that I create a new Custom Multicast event. Is that really a good practice? Means whenever I want to spawn a particle I'll have to use a multicast event, after first calling that event server-side only :/

Name:	Wizard.JPG
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1137665
    Last edited by TheJamsh; 08-21-2014, 01:07 PM.

Do you mind giving an in-depth explanation of how you fixed it? I still don't know how you got it to work, I have the same problem ATM.

Comment

Working...
    X