Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attach Blueprint to another Blueprint component?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Attach Blueprint to another Blueprint component?!

    Hi folks,

    Is it possible to attach a blueprint to another blueprints component in the world outliner? I just want to (see image below) attach my blueprint 'combinationlock' to the RotDummy of my blueprint 'comblockDoor' so that my combinationlock doesn't remain in position. I don't want to combine those blueprints because I need them for other things discrete.

    Cheers,
    Daniel
    Last edited by SmallLebowski; 02-19-2018, 12:23 PM.

    #2
    You could take your safe blueprint and add a child actor component to that. With the child actor component being your combination lock blueprint. If your safe door and safe are seperate objects
    My Game Frontier Devblog HERE

    Comment


      #3
      Oh man... Thank you... Didn't know that it's possible to drag&drop a blueprint into another blueprint as a component... The only thing that bugs me is that the blueprintchildactorcomponents variables aren't exposed to the 'Details'... Have to set them in the parent blueprint...

      Comment


        #4
        I hadnt noticed that, that should be a feature request. You can cast to the child component by dragging out a reference then 'get child actor' then cast to that
        My Game Frontier Devblog HERE

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Orkney View Post
          I hadnt noticed that, that should be a feature request. You can cast to the child component by dragging out a reference then 'get child actor' then cast to that
          Yap. I'll give this a try! Thank you!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Orkney View Post
            You could take your safe blueprint and add a child actor component to that. With the child actor component being your combination lock blueprint. If your safe door and safe are seperate objects
            That worked out perfectly. Next, I will try to cast to the child actor.

            Comment


              #7
              Lovely work mate, works very nicely. Might I suggest, your rotating dials are cylinders with a custom depth material on them, which looks great but the two end cylinders dont show their full outline because one side is occluded by its joining dial, how about deleting the end caps from the cylinders? This, with a little bit of tweaking would show the custom depth outline around the whole dial, rather than just the outer side.
              My Game Frontier Devblog HERE

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Orkney View Post
                Lovely work mate, works very nicely. Might I suggest, your rotating dials are cylinders with a custom depth material on them, which looks great but the two end cylinders dont show their full outline because one side is occluded by its joining dial, how about deleting the end caps from the cylinders? This, with a little bit of tweaking would show the custom depth outline around the whole dial, rather than just the outer side.
                Thank you! Yes, correct. It's just a custom depth material. Good idea to delete the end caps.I will give this a try!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Orkney View Post
                  Lovely work mate, works very nicely. Might I suggest, your rotating dials are cylinders with a custom depth material on them, which looks great but the two end cylinders dont show their full outline because one side is occluded by its joining dial, how about deleting the end caps from the cylinders? This, with a little bit of tweaking would show the custom depth outline around the whole dial, rather than just the outer side.
                  Worked fine!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X