Simple FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple FPS

I am struggling to figure out how to connect an actor reference to a shoot function. Can anybody help with this? Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	1429671
    Attached Files

Search Virtus Learning on youtube. He has several series on UE4 and one of them is a FPS.

Comment

I have used his channel before, he makes a few mistakes and is fairly unenformative at times. I am further into development and as a fast learner I am fairly familiar with some nodes now.

Comment

Where is "Shoot"? How are you setting "Equipped Weapon"?
        "I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness."

Comment

you need to look into casting, follow the shooter tutorial to get a decent understanding of fps mechanics. they are old but most of the principles are still solid
          UPDATE: These are old tutorials which aren't supported in current UE4 version. They can be useful thou that's why I'm leaving them here.Here you can find all of the tutorials. You should read them one by one - I'm using stuff created earlier.1.Â
          CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
          Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, i am now reworking the art direction to the original idea.

Here is a link to the game but only the movement mechanics and shotgun and pistol shoot are making it to the final game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIK...RSQMRhJeWQknnw

Comment

I will check it out, unsure on multilayer but i will definitely try it out.

Comment

Working...
              X