Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop and start sprite sheet flipbook materials in a widget blueprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stop and start sprite sheet flipbook materials in a widget blueprint?

I have a flipbook material I created from a sprite sheet to add some fireworks to a game I'm working on. I have the material set up and it is showing the animation of the firework like it should. However the animation in the material always repeats forever in a loop. I added an image to a widget to display the flipbook animation in a widget blueprint. The animation is shown in the blueprint as expected. The problem I have is getting the animation to start only when I show the animation. Being that the animation in the flipbook material is always looping, every time I show the image to show the firework, it seems to always start in a random frame, rarely is that frame actually the first frame. I read that I can control the speed of the animation in the flipbook. How can I stop the flipbook animation from looping indefinitely and only start the animation once I show the widget containing the image used to show the flipbook animation?

HunterGaming
    Facebook
    Twitter
Working...
X