Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Count amount of hours spend in game on steam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count amount of hours spend in game on steam?

Hi. I would like to make a steam achievement for spending 50 hours in game. How can this be done? Should game get access to how much time user spent on steam (there is a counter) somehow ? Please explain! Thanks! Also is there a way to get user’s pc time to create an achievement for playing the game in nighttime? Thanks!

Please bump

Comment

Please people bump

Comment

I'm not really into the thing with Steam. But aren't you able to write and read progress on Steam Archivements? And check this with some kind of a Ping request against the steam service every minute or so to determinate if you are playing in while you are logged in to steam?

Comment

Originally posted by Remolus View Post
          And check this with some kind of a Ping request against the steam service every minute or so to determinate if you are playing in while you are logged in to steam?
          Just like checking that you are logged in.

Comment

H
            Originally posted by Remolus View Post
            I'm not really into the thing with Steam. But aren't you able to write and read progress on Steam Archivements? And check this with some kind of a Ping request against the steam service every minute or so to determinate if you are playing in while you are logged in to steam?

Hi... Yes I am able to write progress on steam achievements. There is a "write achievemenets" block or something like that that can be linked to some action. Could you please advice how to make a ping request?

Comment

Bump 1 2 3

Comment

Bump 1 2 3 4

Comment

Halp! Please halp!

Comment

To be honest, this is the least of your worries. Get your game sorted first. You can sort the achievement for time spent playing later. Also, try looking in the Steam API to see if Valve already do this tracking for you.
                    Last edited by Jezcentral; 02-13-2018, 09:58 AM.
                    Cool Blue Moon Ltd. @coolbluemoonltd And now, @londonisunreal, the London Unreal Engine Meet-up group.

Comment

Here you go...

https://steamcommunity.com/dev

You can get the playtime_forever using GetOwnedGames.

Also, that 50-hour-playtime achievement sucks, sorry. Please don't do that.
                      Last edited by Jezcentral; 02-13-2018, 09:20 AM.
                      Cool Blue Moon Ltd. @coolbluemoonltd And now, @londonisunreal, the London Unreal Engine Meet-up group.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezcentral View Post
                        To be honest, this is the least of your worries. Get your game sorted first. You can sort the achievement for time spent paying later. Also, try looking in the Steam API to see if Valve already do this tracking for you.
                        Mine? How do you know? thanks for the link

Comment

Working...
                        X