Third Person Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Person Movement

Hi I just recently started in Unreal Engine so I'm total newbie.

My problem is that I'm trying to implement movement on my character such as aiming, crouching, slow walk etc. I've successfully gotten aiming and crouching to work but separately. As you can see on the blueprint below I have aiming and crouching there but calculate direction can only go to one of the set direction but not both. If I put it on the aiming it works fine but not then crouching does not work etc. Is there a way to do similar to the red lines I painted on the blueprint to get both working together?

Originally posted by OlafurJonsson View Post
    Is there a way to do similar to the red lines I painted on the blueprint to get both working together?
    The way you want to do it: No, execution pins must never split.

Well, it is not clear what you want to do, but if you really want to set Direction, Aiming, and Crouching (in this order!), then you can just combine these three nodes behind each other, can’t you? That is, move the set-crouching-node behind the set-aiming-node (and connect the output execution pin of aiming to crouching). In contrast to execution pins you can reuse most/all other pins, so two blue lines may leave “As Third Person Character”.

Edit: Damnit, wasted my time for an idiot who posted twice. Leave the forum, Olafur!
    Last edited by phisigma; 01-21-2018, 02:55 PM. Reason: Noticed that thread starter double posted

Comment

Working...
    X