Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinite loop error when working with data tables

Hi all,

This question for the forums revolves around the use of Data Tables in UE4. I'm working with one such element at the moment that I'm planning to use as a search database - the idea is that, when a player searches on a text box for the name of a street, the game will look through the data table to see if there are any matching results and it will show if the answer to that question is positive.

The blueprint that I'm using to search through the data table at this moment is the following:

Click image for larger version  Name:	305031-blueprint.png Views:	1 Size:	486.6 KB ID:	1411407

However, when I hit play to test the functionality of the system and that event you see on the blueprint fires, the game crashes giving me an error message stating that it has encountered an infinite loop. The reason for that is, I believe, the size of the data table I'm using. Because I'm looking for street names, that data table has more than 500 000 rows of info. I've tried reducing the data table just to see if that was the case, and when I've only used 10 different street names it works just fine.

With that in mind, what do you consider to be the best solution to this problem? Are there any other methods I could try to look through such a big data table? Or is there any way that I can modify my blueprint so that I don't incur on the infinite loop problem?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Have you tried upping the Max Loop Iteration Count in the Blueprints section of the Project Settings to see if it helps?

Comment

Originally posted by Timbiat View Post
      Have you tried upping the Max Loop Iteration Count in the Blueprints section of the Project Settings to see if it helps?

I didn't know such an option existed, thanks for pointing that out. Since you've pointed that out, I've tried it and it seems to be working. Can't thank you enough, you're a star!

Comment

Working...
      X