trying to recreate sidescroller from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to recreate sidescroller from scratch

Hi guys so whilst i am having a small break from my main project i decided to build myself another project .I decided on A sidescrolling 3d platformer. .. I started with the template and then decided i could make this myself and i did ..For the most part ..However my player does not turn to face the direction he is walking in and i cannot for the life of me figure out why . The template has a variable called player acceleration which i assume controls the left and right direction..However i cant find this variable referenced anywhere in the bp..So cannot recreate it .. In fact if i click on find references it says no results .. Yes i could simply take the template and add my meshes and animations but ... Well i do not want to lol I have been through the blueprints and matched all settings and it still is not working ...Any help guys?

For starters, every new project make sure the Project-Settings -> Inputs align with the pawn movement code...
    Then start posting some code. Or better yet, just find a template that works, there's a million of them around...
    Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 01-04-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Hahaha im not complaining but i cant escape you franktech lol ..I gave in and just added my mesh and animations to the template . I would still like to know the reason behind my failure tho .Having fun creating a level or 2 now anyway lol thanks again bud

Comment

No worries dude... If you've had enough of me don't read the note in the last thread..

Comment

Hahaha i allready read it about 10 seconds before i noticed this post lol .And you help me A LOT bud Please keep it up man . it is very much appreciated

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	roll_bp.png
Views:	70
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	1408351 Hi again i have a problem (as usual) ..My player has a roll animation for rolling under obstacles .And the half height reduction that i am doing is making my player sink into the ground ..Now i thought this was a simple problem and added a local offset to the character mesh but no matter the value i offset .The player always end up floating .. ..My bp is a bit of a mess (understatement) But for the most part is working fine

https://youtu.be/QhBHE3C6oUQ
            Last edited by Mr_Starfire; 01-04-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X