Help with using interface with my Consumable Item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with using interface with my Consumable Item

The struggle is real. I have my inventory set up. I can equip stackable items and move them from my active equipment and everything. However, getting my consumables to work properly has been a chore. It has caused me to take a break from scripting for todays to binge on NETFLIX. I need some help. I cannot seem to get my Use Consumable function to fire from my Interactable interface. I put a print string after the interface message on my widget blueprint coming off of button clicked node in my item slot. It fires every time. Unfortunately, that is all I can get to happen. Inside my item I have a print string coming off of my Event use consumable node and it never fires. Which leads me to believe the target node on my interface message is incorrect. The assumption I have is the interface message is not making it my item because of it. I have all my items (weapons, armor, tech, shields, consumables made from one Master Item Actor)... Would I do a cast to that master Item in order to get the interface message to my "health pickup" (it is a child of my Master Item Actor)... Please your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps you can show an image of how you are calling the interface?

Comment

Working...
    X