Edit UserWidget properties before it constructs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit UserWidget properties before it constructs

I have a main widget with a child User Widget within it. There are buttons on the child with arrows that point to buttons in the parent. I can set all the properties I need to in the details panel but I can't pass the button references through the details panel. I tried using Pre-construct and Construct in the parent to grab its child and do a "set" on these variables, but on launch the child does not pickup those properties. I can call a custom event to set the properties during run-time but I intend for these to be dynamic and don't want to need to make a new custom event for each instance (it would ruin using a child user widget in the first place.)
    Am I missing something here?

Hello Sadonis, I think you have to "create widget"...populate your variables etc. then "add to viewport. The widget has to be created
    before you can do any thing.
    Happy coding..

Comment

Yeah that would work, I was hoping to just put it in it's parent's hierarchy so I could preview its appearance as I change them. but, I suppose I could make these changes to a single instance and then copy the variables I used into a create widget node and delete the widget I was using to setup.
      better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
      X