Really quick little question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really quick little question.

Im trying to destroy an actor(block) with another actor(small sphere) in VR. So i have an EventHit which goes to a branch. the condition is set to the == which goes to A - the "other" pin on the EventHit and B- an object reference variable. The true goes out to the destroy actor (self). In the scene I used the eyedropper tool on the default option to select the sphere as default.

I feel like this should work and have no idea what i'm doing wrong to not make the block disappear when i grip the sphere and touch the block with it?

Hi,

Currently you have a reference to an actor that the engine doesn't know is your specific actor. What you are looking for is casting: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ide/CastNodes/

Instead of a branch, you need to bring in a "Cast to FObject" node, with the "Other" node plugged into the cast node, and on Cast success, destroy the object.

Hope this helps

Comment

oh thanks... actually i got it working fine. Just had some adjusting to do with my variables to get it aligned right to the object reference. i thought i had done that which is why i tried everything else under the sun... hah. No it wasnt a cast because i wanted the eventhit to work when the objects touched each other. from what ive done before cast sends a line out to test from the object? i wanted the object itself. thanks soo much though for your reply..

Comment

Working...
      X