Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FPS drops too much with a simple Loop and more getting Spline transform at distance function.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPS drops too much with a simple Loop and more getting Spline transform at distance function.

Hi I made a simple chain animator, everything is working, but I have a FPS problem:
    My scene in the editor is at 190fps aprox.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	1398524

When I Run the project my FPS goes to 65fps !!..

I tested the same but disconnecting everything inside my "Update Links position" function and the FPS is almost 190 again. Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	1398525

Then I only disconnected my "Transform Link" function, leaving the FOR-LOOP without anything to do, and the fps are 110 !!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	1398526

And also, if you see muy "Transform Link" function is the simplest I can do (that has another problem because of the splines tension and the get transform at distance function) Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-4.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	1398527

Please, can anyone tell me if that´s normal, and how can I make it faster? I know 2,200 links are a lot, but I looks too much overhead for that (each link is an instance, so there is no problem in the polygon number or draw calls, is just a matter of the loop in the function and the spline transform)

Thank you !!.
Working...
X