Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animation Blueprint receives value and then resets them, cannot keep and use the values.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animation Blueprint receives value and then resets them, cannot keep and use the values.

Hi everyone, I am trying to animate individual bones of an skeletoon mesh, from an actor blueprint. So this happens:

I get the value from the Actor blueprint, but that value is reset allmost instantly, so I cannot use it, as you can see in the pictures I am sending.

How can I make to move the bones from the actor blueprint? I can get the bone names and info, but not chagne it from the Actor blueprint, only from inside the Animation blueprint.

​​​​​​​Thank you !!!

Hey, I've made 2 screenshots for you to get a hint of how this works, in a standard 3rd person template. This is far from a complete solution, but should get you on the right track.

This one, in the ThirdPerson BP:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1dafjk bhjbjsd.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	1392370

And this is on the AnimBP:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ghsdfbvsdfvdfsv.PNG Views:	1 Size:	428.2 KB ID:	1392365

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by EU_Coxis; 11-27-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I will try doing what you did, using the transformation directly to the Anim Graph.. thank you !..

Comment

Thank you EU_Coxis, It worked.. when I put the origin blueprint as a character blueprint, but if I work in another blueprint it doesn´t work.. the conection and the values goes to the anim blueprint, but it doesn´t move.

I am doing a generic "controller" blueprint from which I will control the skeletal mesh I setup in the editor, thats why I want to control de animation blueprint from there and not using a character blueprint.

Is there a way to connect any blueprint to the anim blueprint and control it ?

Thank you !!

Comment

Hey, made a couple more screenshots for you and a video.

Basically, I created a new BP with a static mesh (a cube) in it and placed it into the world. The mesh is not needed, but I made it just to be visible.
          Here's the setup in that BP:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	293.5 KB ID:	1392564

After that, I disconnected the "Cast to AnimBP" in the character's BP:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	316.7 KB ID:	1392565

And this is the final result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98pGXw-mlY

Hope this helps you.

Edit: this works the same in a "PlayerControler" blueprint. But you will also have to change that in your world settings or project settings as well for it to work:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	1392568
          Last edited by EU_Coxis; 11-28-2017, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Great... Thank you !!!.. I will try it right now...

Comment

Great !! it´s working.. I am doing it a little bit different, because I cannot do the "Cast to " because the target BP may change... but at the end.. works... Thank you very much !!! You are great !!

Comment

Originally posted by hamuQ View Post
                Great !! it´s working.. I am doing it a little bit different, because I cannot do the "Cast to " because the target BP may change... but at the end.. works... Thank you very much !!! You are great !!
                Glad that helps!

Comment

Working...
                X