Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues binding dynamic progress bar when casting to the specified to a unique game controller pawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues binding dynamic progress bar when casting to the specified to a unique game controller pawn

Hi I have managed to cast to a dynamic third-person character blueprint successfully in the past but I am having difficulty casting to a pawn blueprint.
    The pawn blueprint is my player pawn and is set up this way in the maps/modes menu in game settings. Can anyone advise what needs to be changed ?

Can anyone advise me on this query ?

Comment

You need to return a value in case the cast fails. Alternatively, right click the cast node and convert it to pure.
      Last edited by Everynone; 11-28-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Hi Everynone - I got the dynamic progress bar working ok. The only issue is that it only works when the widget is Added ToViewPort in the beginning as a screen based HUD.
        When I try to attach the dynamic widget as a widget component to a pawn the progress bars show but they are not dynamic. Any ideas ?

Comment

I figured it out. For some reason you can cast variables to a widget and that widget will update dynamically if it is the primary screen based HUD.
          In order to have a widget update dynamically when it is within a pawn the variables need to be cast to the pawn blueprint and from there passed on to the widget.
          Hope this helps....

Comment

Working...
          X