Particle Emitter Not Replicating to Clients - Server can See Both

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Particle Emitter Not Replicating to Clients - Server can See Both

Good Night. I am trying to add a Flash with particle emitter to my weapons shots, i am replicating sending it to server then asking the server to do a multicast. But the clients are not seeing the the visual effect, but in the same node there is a play sound at location and it is working. Whats is going on?

RUN ON SERVER: >Weapon shot > call FXMulticast.

FXMulticast: Emitter attached > Play sound at location

Result:server can see both his and clients emitters, but clients cant see server nor clients(include own client) emitter.

Originally posted by iamjohngalt1975
    you need to watch this before its deleted at the end of the month.......

**LOL from looking at your blueprints, it looks like you may have already seen it as your blueprint looks oddly fimilar.......but if you did you eveidently missed something because that setup I did in that video works flawlessly.**

Regards
    Good Morning!

Its the tutorial i am following! kkkk

The problem is that i believe its a bug.

The get owner is having a weird behavior. The get owner is not working, *BUT* if i do a get owner, then cast to my base_character and then get the Reference to the weapon, as picted bellow, it works.

so it seems like the error is the "GET OWNER" and MULTICAST . in fact, it is working since in the listen server window, both player and client have the fire effect working, but on the client window, its just not replicating. Doing a get weapon owner then cast to the OBJ reference Weapon works like a charm.

I believe this is a engine bug, since the get owner is really working at the end but alone without casting to the reference weapon the animation does not multicast to clients,

ENGINE VERSION 4.17.2
    Last edited by GoruptheDevel; 11-20-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by iamjohngalt1975
        set your current weapon ref to be a replicated variable and see what happens............
        Thaks for your advice! but i had already done that. . but it would not solve the problem since the WEAPON REFERENCE would never get into the weapon blueprint following the tutorial. That was the way i found to detour (solve) the problem.

There is a event that goes thorugh by "Run on server" event. inside this event there is a Multicast event and from there is where this effects came from. The way the guy does in the video is to get the weapons mesh after the multicast and attach to emitterAttachto and specify a socket. Since the replication is working, because i only swaped the actor reference, it does not make any sense at all.

I mean, i could have make a mistake and swapped the correct actor where to spawn the effect (weapon), but its okay because i can see the shoot FX running on the server windows on the server weapon and on the client weapon

i did a mistake on the RPC process? i dont think so because i can reproduce the animation on the client and on the server if the emitter is attached to the reference weapon object created on the character owner.

and the most bizzar thing, the SOUND effect works, so its not a wrong replicated event.

Comment

Because i did not
          Originally posted by GoruptheDevel View Post

Thaks for your advice! but i had already done that. . but it would not solve the problem since the WEAPON REFERENCE would never get into the weapon blueprint following the tutorial. That was the way i found to detour (solve) the problem.

There is a event that goes thorugh by "Run on server" event. inside this event there is a Multicast event and from there is where this effects came from. The way the guy does in the video is to get the weapons mesh after the multicast and attach to emitterAttachto and specify a socket. Since the replication is working, because i only swaped the actor reference, it does not make any sense at all.

I mean, i could have make a mistake and swapped the correct actor where to spawn the effect (weapon), but its okay because i can see the shoot FX running on the server windows on the server weapon and on the client weapon

i did a mistake on the RPC process? i dont think so because i can reproduce the animation on the client and on the server if the emitter is attached to the reference weapon object created on the character owner.

and the most bizzar thing, the SOUND effect works, so its not a wrong replicated event.
          Good day!
          Do you have a solution for this?
          Because I am having the same issue

Comment

Working...
          X