Inventory Examine Interface Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory Examine Interface Template

Hi I want to ask a question if anyone managed to make a save state to keep your items in your inventory. When you go to another level?
    Because I'm trying to take an item, and keep that item on me, when I go to another level by doing a hard transition.

Also I'm trying to convert the character from a first person character to a third person character.

You can create a save game slot, save your inventory to an array, and then load from a save game slot and populate your inventory on level load.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...me/Blueprints/

Comment

Okay would that work if you're like backtracking to a different map?
      Right now my game is a point and click adventure game, and I have a lot of backtracking in the game. Like going to the park, but you don't have the magnifying glass, so you'd have to go back to the apartment to get it.
      Also I'm using the inventory examine interface template, and the template features a first person character. Right now I have a telltale style camera, and I plan to use the mouse as a cursor. So how do I convert a first person character into a third person character?

I'm sorry about the trouble.

The picture is an example of the map, where you select an icon in order to load a new map.
      Attached Files

Comment

Well, if you save the current inventory when the current level is unloaded (or about to be), and then load the inventory when a new map is loaded, it shouldn't matter what order or direction you are going in.

Comment

Working...
        X