UMG Widget lost forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UMG Widget lost forever?

I was messing about in UMG and everything was working fine. Then, I did something while binding a command to hide/show a horizontal box and clicking back to the designer crashed the engine. Now, when I try to open the widget, I get a crash every time. Am I screwed or is there some way to unhook what I did last to get back where I was. Sadly, I haven't submitted to P4 in a bit so rolling back would lose quite a bit of work. Any way around this?
    Last edited by Gooner44; 08-17-2014, 12:52 PM. Reason: slightly more specific info from what I can remember
    Gooner44
    Cribbage Sample Project on MP

From what I understand UMG is still experimental at this stage. Crashes are still to be expected at this point. Remove the binding to hide/show the horizontal box, and see what happens. Why don't you also post screenshots of your blueprints so we can get a better idea if it's a logic error or something else? I realize this may not be possible due to the sensitivity of your project, but if it's confidential, you're better off PMing someone from the Epic team.

Comment

The issue is that it crashes when I open the widget BP. I can't remove the binding in the normal way. I'm asking if there's a way around that.
      Gooner44

Comment

Originally posted by Gooner44 View Post
        The issue is that it crashes when I open the widget BP. I can't remove the binding in the normal way. I'm asking if there's a way around that.
        There might be a copy you can use in your saved folder that will save some recreation work. Otherwise with things like this it seems you would have to delete and remake it.

Comment

Brilliant! Found a version that was working. Thanks a ton. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future. Didn't know that there were still versions saved even when auto-save is off. Saved me a ton of work.
          Gooner44

Comment

Good to hear, glad it helped.

Comment

Working...
            X