Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collision detection doesn't work on "Spawn Actor from Class".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collision detection doesn't work on "Spawn Actor from Class".

Hello everybody,

I try to make the "Mycharacter" blueprint from the "third person blueprint" to be generate on the map each X seconds.

It works, but as you can see on the screenshot, "mycharacter" is generated even if there is a collision and even if I don't tick "Spawn Even if Colliding" (so they overlaps). I tried many things but it doesn't seems to works.

If you have an idea or a solution for this problem ... Thank you for your help !!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Footy Element; 08-17-2014, 04:38 AM.

No ideas ? :'(

Comment

I've noticed the same issue with the 'Spawn Even if Colliding' check box. No idea how that's supposed to work. My workaround was this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DeleteOverlapping.png
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1053561

Basically, in the objects I'm spawning I have a box component that I'm using to check for overlaps and then delete the overlapping item. For each overlapping object of a certain type I destroy the actor and it's own spawned components (from the cast). Not sure what you're trying to do with the characters, but this might be an option for you. Works quite well for me.
      Gooner44
      Cribbage Sample Project on MP

Comment

I don't know if I use it bad or if it is a bug :/ I'm trying to do like in a RTS game, spawning units every X seconds and spawn a unit arround the building if the location is already taken by another unit.

Comment

Working...
        X