Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blueprint debugging: How to "skip over"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueprint debugging: How to "skip over"?

Is it possible to skip over macro nodes while debugging BP graphs? For instance if I have a foreach loop, which is a standard macro, execution stops inside of the loop implementation, rather than at the foreach node in my own graph. Also, if I press Step to go to the next node, the debugger often switches to a completely different BP. MAybe because some of these things are executing in parallel.

I would really like if this could behave much more like a normal debugger in a coding IDE, where stepping always keeps you in your current thread and you only go inside function implementation if you explicitly Step In.
    Join us on IRC! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org

Apologies for bumping this old thread, but did anyone find a way to do this? It would be exceedingly useful to be able to skip over a node/macro/function.

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

I'd also like to know how to do this.
      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Set a breakpoint after the node and hit resume is currently what I'm doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobryis View Post
          Set a breakpoint after the node and hit resume is currently what I'm doing.
          That's what I'm doing as well, but beyond a point it becomes a chore, especially while debugging complex bugs where you want all your focus to be on wrestling with the issue and not the debug panel

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? It is really annoying with complex blueprints.
            CTO Villusion Studios
            Grad Student in Interactive Design and Game Development, SCAD
            company site: http://www.villusionstudios.com/

Comment

Working...
            X