Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Get Game Time in Seconds and Get Time Seconds Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does Get Game Time in Seconds and Get Time Seconds Do?

I tried both and with setting them on tick to whatever it is during that tick they are never greater than one, and sometimes they'll go up and then down. Are their tooltips misleading? Here is my blueprint code. This is being called on server;

Attached Files
    Last edited by GamesByH; 09-16-2017, 09:18 PM.

It works with tick but not with a custom event which Fire Func is called in. Why? Any ideas? it's always some weird number less than 0.0

Comment

I'm still having trouble with this. Does either not work right unless called in Tick() ?

Comment

Assign Get-Game-Time to a var somewhere in Tick that you can access later in Func?

Comment

I guess I'll do that for now but I'm still curious to know eventually why it won't work outside of Tick.

Comment

Originally posted by GamesByH View Post
            I guess I'll do that for now but I'm still curious to know eventually why it won't work outside of Tick.
            I tried to repro and it worked fine as expected etc. So you need to offer up your specific repro etc!...
            BTW: I've millions of questions like this. From UDK I just end up recording them all, then move on.
            Sometimes you come back to a few and resolve it with wiser goggles, at other times life goes on...
            By the way a lot of this boils down to empty documentation. But Epic keep promising to fix things...

Comment

What you suggested doesn't work actually. I tried setting the Game Time to a variable during Tick but that doesn't work when I assign the variable to last fire, in this blueprint. I really have no idea why this is happening. In a similar blueprint this works fine with a clientside input event.
              Attached Files

Comment

What you suggested doesn't work actually. I tried setting the Game Time to a variable during Tick but that doesn't work when I assign the variable to last fire, in this blueprint. I really have no idea why this is happening. In a similar blueprint this works fine with a clientside input event.
                Hold on... This is multiplayer...??? So its clientside that Get-Game-Time is invalid?

Comment

It's being called server side so it should be working.

Comment

It's being called server side so it should be working.
                    This is probably nothing to do with that node and everything to do with rep setup.
                    Ok, someone else will have to help, as I'd just be guessing... Its time to bow out…
                    Future note dude, don't leave out critical info like that out of the original question!

Comment

Working...
                    X