Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Override C++ UPROPERTY variables in Blueprint child class

Hello,

I'm new to unreal and I was wondering how it would be possible to override a C++ UPROPERTY in the blueprint child class.

I have a UPROPERTY which is EditDefaultsOnly, I have some method in my C++ class that use this property. In the blueprint child class, I set those properties in the editor but the values are not reflected to the parent class UPROPERTY. The value is correctly set in the blueprint when I print it tho.

Is this normal behavior in Unreal ? If it is, how can I work around it ?

Originally posted by fknop View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to unreal and I was wondering how it would be possible to override a C++ UPROPERTY in the blueprint child class.

I have a UPROPERTY which is EditDefaultsOnly, I have some method in my C++ class that use this property. In the blueprint child class, I set those properties in the editor but the values are not reflected to the parent class UPROPERTY. The value is correctly set in the blueprint when I print it tho.

Is this normal behavior in Unreal ? If it is, how can I work around it ?
    I'm afraid it's not possible. I suggest you to post it under c++ programming forums, too, and answerhub trying to reach most people possible, this is an interesting question.

Comment

Working...
    X