Help with line trace emitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with line trace emitters

I can't get my line trace to spawn a specific emitter at target location of impact based on the material instance hit; in this case an actor. I want my particle effect to be default to anywhere unspecified and I got that part, but like shooting flesh on a humanoid I want blood to emit instead. How would I go about doing this? My MAIN issue is that I have no way of getting my BP to register a hit and spawn an emitter at the target impact on a skeletal mesh because I can't specify that location for only flesh and not everywhere else..

Can anyone make me an example BP? It's a non projectile shooting system. Basically I want a normal ricochet effect to emit at all locations impacted except for what is specified. IE if it hits flesh I want it to spawn blood particles instead. How do I do this?

Maybe a boolean for if flesh then spawn blood? but I don't know how to tie together a conditional statement on my characters blueprint to the targets blueprint.

Originally posted by tonykalaydjian View Post
    I can't get my line trace to spawn a specific emitter at target location of impact based on the material instance hit; in this case an actor. I want my particle effect to be default to anywhere unspecified and I got that part, but like shooting flesh on a humanoid I want blood to emit instead. How would I go about doing this? My MAIN issue is that I have no way of getting my BP to register a hit and spawn an emitter at the target impact on a skeletal mesh because I can't specify that location for only flesh and not everywhere else..

Can anyone make me an example BP? It's a non projectile shooting system. Basically I want a normal ricochet effect to emit at all locations impacted except for what is specified. IE if it hits flesh I want it to spawn blood particles instead. How do I do this?

Maybe a boolean for if flesh then spawn blood? but I don't know how to tie together a conditional statement on my characters blueprint to the targets blueprint.
    One simple and quick solution: You can add a tag to your actor and, when hit, get all tags of the hit actor and make a switch for each one you desire, then spawn the respective emitter at the location.

Comment

I figured it out finally, guys! I ended up using Physical Materials to determine the emitter upon impact location and set rotation to the "Normal" from my break hit results node.

Thanks for the feedback all!

Comment

Working...
      X