Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling to understand widget BP

Hey everyone

I have a bool "GotRevolver" on my PlayerBP that tells me if i have collected a revolver or not.
    I have a image element on my UI widget that displays an icon of the revolver.

I want the UI widget to only display the icon if GotRevolver == true

but i am struggling to get it to work, i have selected to Bind the "Brush" detail in the UI designer and in the created function i am trying to cast to the PlayerBP, get GotRevolver and if it == true i am trying to set the Brush Image to the my revolver icon by making a new slate brush struct. But it keeps saying execute path is not connected to a return node although it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CastingFailed2.png
Views:	1
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	1225942

i have also tried using the SetBrushToTexture node but it does not have the correct return value for the return node and i have nothing to plug into the Brush node

Click image for larger version

Name:	CastingFailed.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1225943

Originally posted by polydark View Post
    Hey everyone

I have a bool "GotRevolver" on my PlayerBP that tells me if i have collected a revolver or not.
    I have a image element on my UI widget that displays an icon of the revolver.

I want the UI widget to only display the icon if GotRevolver == true

but i am struggling to get it to work, i have selected to Bind the "Brush" detail in the UI designer and in the created function i am trying to cast to the PlayerBP, get GotRevolver and if it == true i am trying to set the Brush Image to the my revolver icon by making a new slate brush struct. But it keeps saying execute path is not connected to a return node although it is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150033[/ATTACH]
    Plug another return node into Cast Failed pin and False pin, in your branch node.

Comment

Thank you Gbr, it is working!

I was trying to think of a way to plug CastFailed/False into something but didn't realize i could duplicate the return node.

Comment

Every function needs to end with a return Node. Void(No return value(s)) functions not necessarily.
        If you don't do it, the result is probably unexpected.

You can also use Right Click -> Add Return Node instead of duplicating existing Return nodes.

Comment

Working...
        X