Weird Event Tick behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Event Tick behaviour

Hi everyone. I'm going mad at this thing and I'd like to get some help on it.
    This setup is simply meant to switch a boolean variable from true to false and viceversa everytime I press a button. It works fine if it's on my Blueprint Level or my Player Controller, it doesn't work when it's on my Character Blueprint and I can't figure out why.
    When it's on my character it gives mixed true-false results.

Blueprint:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	character.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1225827

Beginning state:

Name:	false.PNG
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1225828

After input pressed (it should just print True):

Name:	true.PNG
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	1225829

What am I missing?

Change that input action to be :

get bool-->not(inverts value)-->set bool with the not'd value.

EDIT: Also run a search through the BP for the variable and see if something else is messing with it's value.
    Last edited by IronicParadox; 07-27-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Maybe you've got two characters? Any non-possessed characters won't print true.

Comment

Ok, after 2 hours I think I located the issue. Since I am using level streaming and I'm spawning my character by using TargetPoints in every level it seems like I am not spawning my character blueprint but some copy of it instead (it still seems weird to me because the spawned character have all my functionalities...). I think I'm getting close to a solution. Thanks IronicParadox and thanks cyaoeu for pointing me toward the right direction.

This was the method I was using to spawn the character (I thought it was fine since I never got any issue in my tests):

Name:	target.PNG
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1131605

EDIT: Yep, that was the problem. I fixed it using this instead and now everything's working as intended :

Name:	fix.PNG
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1131606
        Last edited by Deikhin; 07-27-2017, 10:05 AM. Reason: solution found

Comment

Working...
        X