Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying the Flight Blueprint

Hi,

I am still really new to using Blueprints and trying to learn. I am not entirely sure how to go about this, what I am trying to do is create a character flying on a magic carpet, like a Silver Surfer or kind of like the hoverboard in UDK.

I have two issues that I am stuck on.

1. I have started with the Flight Blueprint template and modified it so that I can rotate the camera view independently from local direction.

I did it by adding two new input axis for look up (MouseY) and lookRight (Mouse X)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Inputs.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1137028

Then I set up this in the BP_Plane

Name:	Lookup_Right_BP.JPG
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1137029

How could I create a clamped rotation for the look directions? I tried using the same graph from this thread:https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-rotation.html
    although it wasn't working for me. With the BP_Plane the event tick is being used so I used a sequencer and feed that into add relative rotation it would cause the player to spin really fast.

2.How would I link my animation to the move forward/backward directions. I created animations for Idle, move up and move down. In UE4 I put them in a blend 1D and made the axis range have a negative and positive range and put the anims with idle at 0 and move move up at max and move down at min. I need to control the variable for move forward from the state machine in the BP_Plane somehow right?

Name:	Blendspace.JPG
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	1137030

Am I on the right track? or is there a easier/better way to do this?

Here is what my other graphs look like:

Name:	anim Graph.JPG
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	1137031

Name:	anim Graph2.JPG
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	1137032

Thanks,