Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Blueprints, Keyboard Input Won't Work

Hi

I am just starting to learn Blueprints, and am trying to make a basic blueprint (Supposed to be named SpeakNumbers but I typed it wrong.) which constantly outputs a float, and the float's value increases when a keyboard button is pressed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KeyboardInput.png
Views:	1
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	1221928

This is what I have so far but when I test it, it will not take my input. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ben2514; 06-14-2017, 05:42 PM.

Hook up a Get Player Controller to the Player Controller input of the Enable Input node.
    Last edited by drb1992; 06-14-2017, 08:22 PM.
    Logitech Wheel Plugin

Comment

I tried that but the input still won't work.

Comment

If you are giving Enable Input the correct Player Controller reference, then the only other problem could be another BP is consuming the input of the Any Key event.
        Logitech Wheel Plugin

Comment

I couldn't find any other blue print using the input (I switched it out to check if 1 is pressed)
          Last edited by Ben2514; 06-14-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben2514 View Post
            I couldn't find any other blue print using the input (I switched it out to check if 1 is pressed)
            Do a quick test using an actual dedicated PlayerController class (set in Project settings etc)...
            Some events don't fire in all classes. So firing off a Custom Event from PC may be an option.

Comment

Okay I'll try that

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                Do a quick test using an actual dedicated PlayerController class (set in Project settings etc)...
                Some events don't fire in all classes. So firing off a Custom Event from PC may be an option.
                I tried in a dedicated PlayerController class and in other ones and it still doesn't work. I might have gotten input to work playing around a while back so I might have to find that and see what I did differently.

Comment

I tried in a dedicated PlayerController class and in other ones and it still doesn't work. I might have gotten input to work playing around a while back so I might have to find that and see what I did differently.
                  Just one other idea if no keyboard events at all are being generated...
                  In the BP above click Class Defaults, Auto Receive Input -> Player-0

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                    Just one other idea if no keyboard events at all are being generated...
                    In the BP above click Class Defaults, Auto Receive Input -> Player-0
                    I tried that and it still didn't work. I also tried doing the same events in other blueprints and I can not get it to work.

Comment

I tried that and it still didn't work. I also tried doing the same events in other blueprints and I can not get it to work.
                      Puzzling..... Which keyboard inputs events do work / fire?

Have you any of the Launcher Learner Samples installed....

Can you mix your work with a project that works for now?

Comment

None of the keyboard input events work, I don't think I have any Launcher Learner Samples installed, and I can tried making the blueprint in a project where I did get input to work.

Comment

I loaded a previous project which did have functional input but it now doesn't work. I have no idea what is wrong with it. I am going to try to update in the case that it is a glitch.

Comment

It still doesn't work after the update.

Comment

Kind of out of brainstorming ideas / suggestions apart from trying:
                              A 2nd PC if one is available or clean re-installing UE4 from scratch...

Comment

Working...
                              X