Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying Menus ??? How can I do this ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Flying Menus ??? How can I do this ?

    Floating Interactive Menus,

    Hi everyone,

    I wanna create a specific kind of in game menu and I don't know how to do it.

    Example: Let's say the player aproches an interactable object. Now, lets suppose the player presses "E" to interact with the object.
    At this moment, I would like to have a menu appers on top of the object with all the options the player has.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EXEMPLE2.png
Views:	1
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	1221488

    From there, let's suppose, the player could press "E" again and loot all, or press up and directly select an specific item on the menu, etc, etc.

    Is there a simple way of doing this?

    Any help is welcome,
    Thank you.

    #2
    Originally posted by MarceloCabral View Post
    Floating Interactive Menus,

    Hi everyone,

    I wanna create a specific kind of in game menu and I don't know how to do it.

    Example: Let's say the player aproches an interactable object. Now, lets suppose the player presses "E" to interact with the object.
    At this moment, I would like to have a menu appers on top of the object with all the options the player has.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]143913[/ATTACH]

    From there, let's suppose, the player could press "E" again and loot all, or press up and directly select an specific item on the menu, etc, etc.

    Is there a simple way of doing this?

    Any help is welcome,
    Thank you.
    You can use WidgetComponent to show you a menu.

    To enable the menu interaction I believe PlayerController->SetGameInputGameandUI can do the trick.

    Dont forget to include a logic inside your interactible object to rotate the widgetcomponent to always face the player. FindLookAtRotation function will help you achieving

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Gbr View Post
      You can use WidgetComponent to show you a menu.

      To enable the menu interaction I believe PlayerController->SetGameInputGameandUI can do the trick.

      Dont forget to include a logic inside your interactible object to rotate the widgetcomponent to always face the player. FindLookAtRotation function will help you achieving
      Will this always face the player from the direction they come, or does he have to add that in so it always faces the players POV no matter from which side they approach?
      Now available on the UE Marketplace: Inventory Examine Interface -- and -- Fifty Knobs and Dials -- and -- Thirty Buttons Pack -- and --Kitchen and Bath Handles for Arch Vis -- and -- Chat Bot A.I. Simulator

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by CreativeVilla View Post
        Will this always face the player from the direction they come, or does he have to add that in so it always faces the players POV no matter from which side they approach?
        Didn't try this by myself, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to handle rotation by yourself.

        There's also another way of doing this (like damage indicators, Radars) without placing the menu in a 3D world, but I don't remember exactly how... proabably a quick search over the forums, youtube can get you started

        Comment


          #5
          The latter will not rotate the menu, just position it correctly in your screen, but always facing the player cause its a widget2D, which is another option for the implementation

          Comment

          Working...
          X