Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character respawn issues. enemy AI, and BP events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character respawn issues. enemy AI, and BP events.

I have my character respawning at various checkpoints in game. The level saves what enemies are dead, and records current a checkpoint. However if character is respawned enemy doesnt fire back at him, and elevators dont operate. I have him pushing a button just fine, but the elevator doesn't move? He also doesnt take damage from some things. I'm at a loss to if this is a level setting in world, or something in my blueprint?

Its hard to figure out since you are giving general information. However, most likely is something in your Blueprint as I dont think there is a world setting that would affect your actors that way.

Are you saving the Checkpoints to disk or Game Instance?
    [WIP] Procedural City Generator | RPG AI
    [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool | Procedural Park
    [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP | Free Birds | Procedural Buildings
    Join our Discord

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I haven't yet dug deeper into it, but that's helpful that it isnt a world problem. I have two levels built up so far, and was curious. Once I build, and cook it may go away, but the debugging of blue prints that seem to sometimes work, and not work is strange, and sometimes an operating system issue. I'm sure of this because when I leave my comp idle, and ue4 is running then strange things happen. My level start widget went crazy and reset its dpi. I had nothing on the screen at start. When I shut my computer off and restarted it was there again. This seems a bit strange like im missing something because my enemies won't attack, and certain things won't do damage to me after restart. I will dig deeper later, and post solution when I do figure it out.

Comment

Hate to graveyard dig this thread up, but did you find a solution to the no damage received upon player respawn? I'm getting the same problem. It's like my character is dead or invisible when he respawns to all AI which shouldn't be the case.

Comment

Gameist I wish I could say I remember finding a solution to what the problem was here. I migrated content, and I started over. I believe I had deleted a piece of an array bp being used by the engine.
          Last edited by thadkinsjr; 08-09-2018, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X