Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integer Variable to keep score(Cant get it to work i think it is a casting issue idk?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integer Variable to keep score(Cant get it to work i think it is a casting issue idk?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Integer.png
Views:	1
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	1220163

Hey so this is my approach, feel free to ask whatever i guess ^ ^ .

What does not work?

Your widget is not updating the score on screen?

From what I see it's all correct.

Here's the culprite nodes to me:
    - maybe your "OnComponentBeginOverlap" event does not fire, try adding "Print to String" nodes to see where the execution fails
    - your "cast to" might fail if the actor overlapping is not a PlatformCharacter, try adding "Print to String" nodes to see where the execution fails
    - maybe you're not using your "Scoretext" variable in your widget: try to see if you actually do something with this value
    - or ScoreWidget is null (it's an object that hasn't been created or a variable that hasn't been assigned yet) - but it would prompt an error in your log
    - everything works but the widget "ScoreWidget" might just not be displayed on screen - did you "Add to player screen"?
    Last edited by Yun-Kun; 05-14-2017, 05:26 AM.
    [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
    A-RPG Sacred Swords
    Auto-Chess Live Development
    Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Putter_Fly View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]140863[/ATTACH]

Hey so this is my approach, feel free to ask whatever i guess ^ ^ .
      Be sure to always attach something to the Cast Failed node when developing - it will save you lots of time. Just put a Print String that says "Cast Failed" - and you will know right away where the problem lies, if that is where the issue is.
      Now available on the UE Marketplace: Inventory Examine Interface -- and -- Fifty Knobs and Dials -- and -- Thirty Buttons Pack -- and --Kitchen and Bath Handles for Arch Vis -- and -- Chat Bot A.I. Simulator

Comment

Working...
      X