How to do: Limbs reacting to bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to do: Limbs reacting to bullets

How would I go about making an enemy's individual limbs react to getting shot?

The link below has a gif of what I want to achieve.
    http://imgur.com/a/DcJZU

This was done in a showcase video of the Character interaction pack on the UE4 marketplace.

looks like ragdoll physics to me? and the bullets are obviously physics objects interacting with the ragdoll.... google is your friend! google unreal docs ragdoll, have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by L04D3D View Post
      looks like ragdoll physics to me? and the bullets are obviously physics objects interacting with the ragdoll.... google is your friend! google unreal docs ragdoll, have fun!
      The gif I provided probably does not show it well enough, I want the enemy to take damage first before dying. I know that once enough damage is applied the ragdoll physics will take over. But what I want to achieve is have the limbs react to getting hit first, and then when enough damage is applied the ragdoll physics will take over.

Comment

You would get the bone name from your line trace and plug it into a Set All Bodies Below Physic Blend Weight node to make the hit limb go limp. Unfortunately I have no idea how to make it actually work.

Comment

Working...
        X