Object With Interaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Object With Interaction

Hello, I just created widget where I want that to show when I press E keyboard button.
    I did everything but nothing was working for me. So I am here for asking you.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bluepringobject.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	696.2 KB
ID:	1217312

several things to consider... but first is you shouldnt call visibility until after widget is created.....
    https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

[MENTION=766259]Dev.Designx[/MENTION]

1) Create a widget somewhere. For example at begin play event.
      2) Put it to variable.
      3) Use this variable as a target of set visibility.

This should work for you instead of creating new widget every push and release)
      Available for contract hiring! Complex mechanics, quick game prototyping, VR, AI, Animation, Tools for designers.

Check out my latest game! Last Joy - 2D RPG with unique combat system.

Comment

Originally posted by Two-faced View Post
        [MENTION=766259]Dev.Designx[/MENTION]

1) Create a widget somewhere. For example at begin play event.
        2) Put it to variable.
        3) Use this variable as a target of set visibility.

This should work for you instead of creating new widget every push and release)
        So I made widget and i putted that into begin play event but how can I put that it to variable?

Comment

Originally posted by Dev.Designx View Post
          So I made widget and i putted that into begin play event but how can I put that it to variable?
          Right click the ReturnValue of CreateStronaWidget and PromoteToVariable. This will create a reference variable to that widget which will allow you to access it later; it will also prevent the widget from getting destroyed if you remove it from the viewport.

Comment

Originally posted by Everynone View Post
            Right click the ReturnValue of CreateStronaWidget and PromoteToVariable. This will create a reference variable to that widget which will allow you to access it later; it will also prevent the widget from getting destroyed if you remove it from the viewport.
            It still doesn't work

Comment

I just answered the very last question. When you say it does not work, I believe you refer to the original issue where your Monitor blueprint does not respond to the keyboard key, right? As default the keypresses are handled by the PlayerController rather than a particular blueprint.

You can override this behaviour, of course. Access ClassDefaults at the very top, scroll down to Input section and set AutoReceiveInput to Player0. This should allow this blueprint intercept the Action and Axis mapping.

Comment

I just answered the very last question. When you say it does not work, I believe you refer to the original issue where your Monitor blueprint does not respond to the keyboard key, right? As default the keypresses are handled by the PlayerController rather than a particular blueprint.

You can override this behaviour, of course. Access ClassDefaults at the very top, scroll down to Input section and set AutoReceiveInput to Player0. This should allow this blueprint intercept the Action and Axis mapping.
                It is working now! Thank you so much [MENTION=2637]Everynone[/MENTION] !!!

Comment

It is working now! Thank you so much [MENTION=2637]Everynone[/MENTION] !!!
                  But when I press again E button it still shows me widget.

Comment

Try it like this:

Name:	Untitled.png
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	1127051

Comment

Try it like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138950[/ATTACH]
                      If i press right click and i write there get widget reference it haven't show me anything there.

Comment

You created a reference to the widget, right? You said it worked. That reference will appear on the list with all other variables. Drag it to the graph --> Get, right click convert:

Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1127053

It's pretty much the same as this, but will less wires, more convenient:

Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1127054
                        Last edited by Everynone; 04-28-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

You created a reference to the widget, right? You said it worked. That reference will appear on the list with all other variables. Drag it to the graph --> Get, right click convert:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138953[/ATTACH]

It's pretty much the same as this, but will less wires, more convenient:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138954[/ATTACH]
                          It is working !!! thank you so much [MENTION=2637]Everynone[/MENTION] you are really helpfully !!!!

Comment

It is working !!! thank you so much [MENTION=2637]Everynone[/MENTION] you are really helpfully !!!!
                            If I want to pause game should that connect pause game to the exact of visibility ?

Comment

Working...
                            X