[Request] Scroll-wheel zoom camera on top-down example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Scroll-wheel zoom camera on top-down example

Can someone make a tutorial on how to make a scroll-wheel zoom on the camera for the top-down example?
    System
    ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
    Artwork thread

There is a video tutorial on this for third person but i dont remember who made it. But it is simple really; you just set the location of the camera with every Pressed input of mouse wheel up and down by adding/subtracting values to the Z axis. Or you can set the FOV instead of setting its location.

Here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cam_zoom.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1052974

And dont forget to clamp the values like i did to any value you like so that you dont get crazy FOV as you wheel up.
    Last edited by Jacky; 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM.
    FREE Lightshow
    FREE VR Drum Kit Project

FREE Color LUT Collection
    FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
    FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
    Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
    Camera Crossfade

Comment

Thanks, but I cant find the "set field-of-view and target" component in the list. I typed set, but it dosent show up. Is that a custom component?
      System
      ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
      Artwork thread

Comment

Drag from camera node and type field of view, then you'll see set and get nodes. The one with Target input is Get Field of View.
        FREE Lightshow
        FREE VR Drum Kit Project

FREE Color LUT Collection
        FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
        FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
        Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
        Camera Crossfade

Comment

I dont find "camera node" anywhere. I checked "My Character" and "My Controller". What do I do wrong?
          System

ArtStation
          Artwork thread

Comment

This is my setup for camera scroll zoom, it uses an "Spring Arm" with a "Camera" attached to it. You get the Target Arm Length nodes from the Arm Spring 1 node.

Click image for larger version

Name:	camerascroll.png
Views:	1
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1052977

Comment

Im only missing the two small nodes. How do I set those? http://s26.postimg.org/q97kgyuhl/Scrollwheel_Zoom.jpg
              System

ArtStation
              Artwork thread

Comment

Third Person to First Person camera zoom system

Comment

Originally posted by Frequia View Post
                  Im only missing the two small nodes. How do I set those? http://s26.postimg.org/q97kgyuhl/Scrollwheel_Zoom.jpg
                  It's float - float and float + float.

Comment

If anyone is having trouble getting this to work, here is my BP.
                    Inputs would only trigger in the Controller Blueprint for some reason, even after enabling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekoppar View Post
                      It's float - float and float + float.
                      I finished the blueprint but it didnt work: http://s26.postimg.org/xck1abpax/Scrollwheel_Zoom2.jpg
                      @insideitall, is that for the topdown template?
                      System

ArtStation
                      Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by Frequia View Post
                        I finished the blueprint but it didnt work: http://s26.postimg.org/xck1abpax/Scrollwheel_Zoom2.jpg
                        @insideitall, is that for the topdown template?
                        Open up the blueprint called MyController as that's the one used as default for third person. Go to the tab "Defaults", scroll down to "Input" and uncheck "Block Input".

Comment

Thanks, now it works! What if I now want to make the camera act like Age Of Empire 3 camera?
                          System

ArtStation
                          Artwork thread

Comment

I haven't played Age of Empires 3 in quite some time, but is there anything special with that camera? Or are you just asking about moving the camera when the mouse reaches the edge of the screen?

Comment

Yes, like this camera: http://youtu.be/7Hjly04H4Ls
                              System

ArtStation
                              Artwork thread

Comment

Working...
                              X