No announcement yet.

Lets Make: Weapon in Blueprint from Blank Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi intoxicat3, thank you for your tutorial, its really helpful, but I have problem when i tried to set the static mesh i got this error
    Click image for larger version

Name:	asdasdsadasdasd122312esfasdfasdfasdf.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1052353

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra View Post
      Hi intoxicat3, thank you for your tutorial, its really helpful, but I have problem when i tried to set the static mesh i got this error
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6214[/ATTACH]
      Sorry I got it, i didn't read the comment above thanks again for your tutorial intoxicat3

Comment

One thing I am struggling with conceptually is limiting the amount of weapons that can be equipped at any given point in time, and replacing weapons in chronological order - i.e, i pick up a shotgun, a flame thrower, and a mini gun, and when I pick up a rocket launcher, the shotgun is removed from the array.

Anyone else running into this, or that could possible shed some light on how you were able to accomplish this?

Comment

Originally posted by Chimp View Post
          intoxicat3 in the section 'adding hands and weapon' where you plug in the 'weapon' static mesh variable into the 'Set Static Mesh' target, mine won't connect, it says staticMesh is not compatible. I also don't see the 'reaper_mesh' (in my case 'rifle') in the 'new mesh' drop down of SSM node like in your screenshot.
          Is there a special way to create the 'set static mesh' node so it references the rifle and receives the 'weapon' var?

edit: The rifle's from the shootergame and is a skel mesh

http://i.imgur.com/xGhTGru.jpg?1
          I had the same problems, I wonder if that tutorial is for a different UE version. I ended up making the mesh a part of the character and instead of setting weapon and attaching it, I just attach it and make it not hidden.

Comment

Sorry for bumping:

I "replicated" (heh...) the Blueprints, which shaun40k posted here:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ll=1#post20422

I never got my head around the "Equip Ammo" WModel Variable and ended up here:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post119392

I then followed those steps and the blueprint executes all the steps, yet my Weapon won't show up.

Let me explain my Setup:

Character BP holds Player Mesh etc pp and the Blueprint variables and structure. The gun I want to pick up is stored in another Blueprint. Now, if I "touch" the gun in the game, it disappears entirely and won't appear in my Player's hands :/

Any help/suggestions?

If the BP's are needed, then I will post them.

Maxunit

Comment

You could better yet just make 1 socket for the actuall firing or 1 "barrel" socket then stock, mags, sights, rails, handguards, I'm planning on making a weapon system with the method im talking about.

Comment

Working...
              X