Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PhysX wheels not aligning properly

Hey everybody.

It looks like I've stumbled upon a problem. I've reimported my skeletal vehicle mesh, resizing it to Unreal units, but now my wheel colliders are not aligning properly. I've changed the PhysXVehicles.VehicleWheel to reflect the new change, but apparently the offset is way off (and it looks like it's using the old positions).

I've tried reimporting it, deleting it and then importing it, but they always end up in the same place.

Here's what I'm talking about:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	1215967

What gives?

when you re-scaled in your 3d program you have to reset the scale, i would advise using bones for rigging, eg remove the skin weighting , sclae the mesh and reset then place the bones in the correct location and re-skin
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Geodav View Post
      when you re-scaled in your 3d program you have to reset the scale, i would advise using bones for rigging, eg remove the skin weighting , sclae the mesh and reset then place the bones in the correct location and re-skin
      I actually didn't resize it in the 3D software, I just checked the "Convert FBX units to Unreal units" in the import dialog.

But I'll try reskinning and see how it goes.

EDIT: Reskinning did bupkis, unfortunately.
      Last edited by DickKickem.; 04-04-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Solved!

I forgot the System Unit Setup in 3ds max, so that was throwing the engine off.

Remember kids, it's not enough to just set your Display Unit Scale, System Unit Setup must be dealt with as well!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1125959

Comment

On YouTube you have nice tutorial on how to import custom skeletal mesh for vehicle with no skinning
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRxxHp5QR6Y

Comment

Originally posted by Miro-zg View Post
            On YouTube you have nice tutorial on how to import custom skeletal mesh for vehicle with no skinning
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRxxHp5QR6Y
            Yeah, it's pretty good, but you still need to have proper scaling.

Comment

Like you can see in tutorial ,scaling is base , people dont pay attention to that and then are surprised their vehicles fly around.

Comment

Working...
              X