Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Path Following Error (Advice, Please?)

Hello everyone.
    Ive been working for awhile on a flight game where the player automatically follows a spline through the stage.

Most of the concepts were taken from an old tutorial I read at : http://www.unrealenginetutorials.com...real-engine-4/
    I then just added a "AddActorLocalOffset" node & hooked up some controller inputs into it so I could move the ship around obstacles.

However I have a strange issue where the player is constantly offset to their left (local Y) while the path goes positive on the x axis or negative on the y axis (in world space).

I drew an image to better visualize what I mean. (Sorry if my drawing is bad.)
    The blue-line shows my spline exactly as it is in the editor but the red-line shows roughly where the player actually goes when I run the game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flight notes2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1212838

I'm new to a lot of this so I don't know if it's an issue with my spline but I have to imagine I did something wrong in the blueprints given the consistent way it works.
    I've spent a long time looking at it & can't make sense of why it only happens when I'm facing certain directions.

If anyone has any idea of what might cause this that would be great, please.
    Thanks for reading.
Working...
X