Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Timeline Blueprint, how to control animation with input

Hello everyone,

I've got a project where there's a Menu composed with several screens. I want all the screens to be in the same world and navigate from one screen to another. I would like the camera to fly, not to teleport.

Click image for larger version

Name:	emptyActor.png
Views:	1
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	1209295

In order to achieve this I put empty actors in the world to define position and rotation of the camera.

Then I use the Timeline node to animate the camera position from one point to another.

Name:	cam_bp.png
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	1209296

It's Ok to go from point A to point B, but I don't know to go from point B to point C, from point C to point D, etc.

I tried to add another timeline node to go from point B to point C but I get several issues. When I'm at point C and hit the reverse button, the animation start at point B and not rversing. I can't go back to point A. Whan the animation from B to C began there's a little flickering.

Name:	cam_bp_2.png
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	1209297

Maybe I didn't do things right. I'm a newbie visual scripter (and not a scripter at all), I'm more on the artist side of the force. That's why a little help would be very welcome

What I really want to achieve is When I press P It play animation, camera goes from A to B then pause, when I press P again, it goes from B to C, etc and when I press R it can reverse from C to B, then from B to A.

Is using for each loop the solution? I don't really know where to place it :/

Since last week I just created an initial cam position variable to store the initial position of the camera:

Name:	cam_bp_3.png
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	1123213

Comment

There are many ways to achieve it:
      • use SetViewTargetWithBlend
      • have a bunch of transforms and lerp between them
      • set up a closed spline and slide the camera along it

Your method is not bad at all. Put a number of desired coordinates in an array, pressing P/R will get the next/previous entry in the array and set it as a target for the camera move.

Comment

I think you are overcomplicating it. Use a variable transform that you call "Goal" and another that you call "Start", so that when you change camera, you set start as your current position and goal as the new camera, and then you just lerp between the transforms every tick. Whenever you want to change camera, you just change Goal and Start and reset your lerp value and it'll make it automatically. This allows for much more flexibility.

Comment

As suggested SetViewTargetWithBlend would be the easiest to do.
          But you do give up control over the exact path the camera will track...

Comment

Working...
          X