Damage to Destructible Mesh Not Applying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damage to Destructible Mesh Not Applying

So I'm trying to destroy a Destructible Actor within the Character BP, it all goes through (the string appears) but no damage is applied, even though it's specified, I've tried it with different amounts but nothing still happens, what could I be missing from here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	LsgyolC.png
Views:	1
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	1208669

Thanks!

Originally posted by BlizzKrut View Post
    So I'm trying to destroy a Destructible Actor within the Character BP, it all goes through (the string appears) but no damage is applied, even though it's specified, I've tried it with different amounts but nothing still happens, what could I be missing from here?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127486[/ATTACH]

Thanks!
    Why don't you try to make a Cutom Event or Function in your Destructible Rock Blueprint where it localy applies the damage to the destructible component... and then in your ThirdPersonCharacter Blueprint just cast to the Destructible Rock and call the function...

Good luck! Hope it works!
    Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CamXil Studios View Post
      Why don't you try to make a Cutom Event or Function in your Destructible Rock Blueprint where it localy applies the damage to the destructible component... and then in your ThirdPersonCharacter Blueprint just cast to the Destructible Rock and call the function...

Good luck! Hope it works!
      Good Luck!
      Something like this? Then what would I set as the Object in Cast to Rock at?

Name:	0uOFilj.png
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	1122351

Name:	yzk07B3.png
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	1122352

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127486[/ATTACH

Thanks!
        You want to subtract health from destructible actor or destroy it to pieces?
        "Destructible component" is actor or component? how that bp where you applying damage...

Comment

Originally posted by Name368 View Post
          You want to subtract health from destructible actor or destroy it to pieces?
          "Destructible component" is actor or component? how that bp where you applying damage...
          I want to destroy it to pieces, I figure that I don't have to take out its health?

Would this suffice?

Name:	NGQFTMm.png
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1122355

What would I set as the Target in the Character BP then?

Comment

I want to destroy it to pieces
            so this is a little complicated...
            in destructible mesh (destructible mesh "editor") set:
            1. Enable impact damage
            2. enable debris
            3. debris timeout
            4. debris something (i dont remember name) set from -1 to 1

now you can destroy mesh with projectile impacts, but i recommend to use radial force -> fire impulse for destroying that mesh. in radial force i think you must enable impact damage or something like that...

try these steps... if you wont be successfull, i can send you my screens when ill be at home, i have many DMs working very well.. like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnqQFmHPOYA

Comment

so this is a little complicated...
              in destructible mesh (destructible mesh "editor") set:
              1. Enable impact damage
              2. enable debris
              3. debris timeout
              4. debris something (i dont remember name) set from -1 to 1

now you can destroy mesh with projectile impacts, but i recommend to use radial force -> fire impulse for destroying that mesh. in radial force i think you must enable impact damage or something like that...

try these steps... if you wont be successfull, i can send you my screens when ill be at home, i have many DMs working very well.. like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnqQFmHPOYA
              The thing is that I don't want to destroy them with impact damage, I just want it to be destroyed when pressing that key.

Comment

The thing is that I don't want to destroy them with impact damage, I just want it to be destroyed when pressing that key.
                Mine bp doesnt destroying meshes on impact... it only looks like that. Im using bp where is universal way how to destroy these meshes... because im not using impact. Im doing it with projectile overlap but i can do it with keypress too when i replace overlap node with keypress..

Comment

Mine bp doesnt destroying meshes on impact... it only looks like that. Im using bp where is universal way how to destroy these meshes... because im not using impact. Im doing it with projectile overlap but i can do it with keypress too when i replace overlap node with keypress..
                  Do you have a screenshot of your BP? Thanks by the way.

Comment

Apply Damage node...

Bump up Damage Amount far higher and try setting Impulse Strength too, any change?
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
                    Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                      Apply Damage node...

Bump up Damage Amount far higher and try setting Impulse Strength too, any change?
                      Nope, bumping these values a lot doesn't change anything.

Comment

Nope, bumping these values a lot doesn't change anything.
                        Unless this is about specific mesh settings, the only real differences I see from your set-up to mine is:

1. I link Get-Actor-Location (of the destructible mesh) to HitLocation (you're assuming local / relative).
                        2. I bump up the other values mentioned to really high numbers in the millions, then dial them down.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
                        Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

Do you have a screenshot of your BP? Thanks by the way.
                          (its for multiplayer setup)

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                            Unless this is about specific mesh settings, the only real differences I see from your set-up to mine is:

1. I link Get-Actor-Location (of the destructible mesh) to HitLocation (you're assuming local / relative).
                            2. I bump up the other values mentioned to really high numbers in the millions, then dial them down.
                            I did what you said here but the result is the same, nothing happens, I really don't know why.

Name:	cil85dz.png
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	1122460

Comment

I did what you said here but the result is the same, nothing happens, I really don't know why.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127793[/ATTACH
                              i apply damage to actor, not to component. basically my destructible mesh has 1 hp but nothing can touch him till actor has more that his XYZ health. if actors health drop below 0, then i set collision of destructible to "collide" with radial damage and that radial force destroy destructible mesh...

Comment

Working...
                              X