Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box collision not triggering correctly?

Hi everyone
    I am creating a vehicle game for multyplayer. When I respawn a player sometimes the respawn doesn't work correctly and the player is respawned a the world origin with no pawn. To prevent this I have created a playerStart with a boxvolume that sets a boolean (isFree) when something is overlapping. This should set isFree to true if an other player is bloking this spawn.
    When I am spawning the player I get all playerStarts and check if IsFree is true, then I get the location of the PlayerStart and respawn the player, if not I check the next playerSpawn.
    Unfortunately the player still gets respawned in an occupied spawn.

Now I am debugging my spawns by adding a mesh to the spawnBP and toggle the visibility on actor begin/ end overlap.
    It seems that the overlaps are only triggered when my collisionvolumes of my car enter the volume, my sceletalMesh is ignored.
    I have four collisionvolumes on my car which are located at the four corners of the car.
    Here are some pictures of my setup (can't show the real car model, so I took the sedan)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SpawnOverlap.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1208294
    Click image for larger version

Name:	car_collision.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1208295

I have tried different collision settings on the Spawnbox but this didn't work.
    Now i am rnning out of ideas...
    Hope someone out there can help me

Greetings

Evil_Fischi
Working...
X