Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My noob question of the week - I broke my Interface between a UMG widget BP and my game state BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey guys I'm new to Epic Games and Unreal engine i just play fortnite on PS4. I downloaded Epic games launcher and then downloaded Unreal Engine 4.19.2. I keep clicking launch but it says would you like unreal engine to make changes to your computer, i click yes and then nothing happens and i keep clicking launch but nothing happens. Please help i really want to use unreal engine to make some cool games

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whassup? Downloaded 4.19 preview. Wont run without Substance, Substance won't install. Now what? Mac high sierra.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any idea why this is still top of "answer hub activity" on launcher? 2015 necromancy going on here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like the unreal engine to be 32 bits which is sad because I installed the unreal engine for nothing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey... how to reset de block of player

Leave a comment:

• replied
    By any chance is your name adrian?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hope that you don't use only "Paint" ;D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AXlOM View Post
    Sorry my knowledge of References and Interfaces is lacking but I'm making subtle strides each day.
    It takes time

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nevermind! I figured it out

Sorry my knowledge of References and Interfaces is lacking but I'm making subtle strides each day.

I never re created the reference within the interface function in my widget blueprint

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh I have, the code worked flawlessly for a long time, only after I removed and re added the interface did it stop working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    make sure your Gamestate is properly set up in the GameMode.
    Also make sure you cast to your specific GameState (or use InterfaceMessages)

Leave a comment:

• My noob question of the week - I broke my Interface between a UMG widget BP and my game state BP

I was following someones tutorial and he had set up an interface to communicate between my GameState BP and a UMG widget BP.

New functions that I had set up in my Interface were not showing up in my widget BP so I removed the Interface from the Class settings and then re-added the interface.

Well, I got the new Interface function to show up (Well actually it showed up on its own in the widget BP and in all other BP's with the interface, I guess I just needed to give it some time), but now functions I had set up prior to removing the Interface stopped receiving Input from my GameState BP, namely my in game clock I had established as seen here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UMG Widget BP.png
Views:	2
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	1207911

Every text box has a function bound to it, but none of those functions are properly retrieving data from the Gamestate BP.

What could I do to correct this? Is there a way to re establish the connection?

I would super appreciate any help! Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by AXlOM; 01-20-2017, 02:21 PM.
Working...
X