No announcement yet.

Tutorial for Gameplay Blueprints- Taking requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see a tutorial on how to set up an aiming system of aiming up and down, similar to the original Resident Evil games. Maybe with lock-on system as well?

Comment

New Tutorial, changing game settings with a UI!

Originally posted by Zadeon View Post
      I would love to see a tutorial on how to set up an aiming system of aiming up and down, similar to the original Resident Evil games. Maybe with lock-on system as well?
      I can look into that!
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/NonLocalitySoftware
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/NonLocality_Dev
      Instagram: @nonlocalitysoftware
      Discord: ASCII#1124

Comment

I had alot of things I wanted to get done on Unreal Engine but couldn't because there wern't tutorials written yet on
        the things I wanted to do.

1. A save system that reads all the variables of the game from a data text table or data struct list...
        My game has got several thousand variables in it in the batch version of it the game that is, so to put this
        kind of game into unreal engine it would have to be put into a data struct or in a text table yet as I don't know
        how to set that type of save system up in the blueprints but the tutorials I saw that were on saving were shown for
        small save systems linking up the nodes together to save all the variables.

2. A 3d nebula that you can fly your ship through with opacity transparency, I would like to one day see a
        tutorial on how to make that... And a particle effect to create swirling energy currents or dust particles
        inside of the cloud to create blending transitions of cloud density.

3. Talking dialog system with lip synching character portraits with audio instead of text)

4. DIALOG TRIGGER ISSUE: Main problem I been having is the array is picking out the text at random but its trying to display up every
        entry from the array at random causing the text to behave like a carousel instead of picking just one entry at random from the array from 1-12 or whatever I set the dialog table row range at and then only display that entry up on the screen while I'm inside the trigger. I don't want it to try to display at random all 12 of the text entries in the widget, I want it to display just 1 of the entries from the array. So this is a little bit advanced for what I am trying to attempt.....This is not been resolved yet...

I Not only have to get the string array to locate the text in the data dialog table but also to get it to play also the audio file
        that's associated with the dialog text speaker as well. I don't know how to set that part up yet. So I've only got the
        text part working. And once you got that going, then you got to get it to display the Player Portrait.

I have got the text dialog working, but the array is not working quite right yet for it. Do any of you guys know how
        to get it working right? I've not had years of experience with these blueprints but Here's the code.

[IMG][/IMG]

I found unreal engine to be pretty hard to try to code in as I don't have alot of knowledge with it.
        Last edited by tozan; 03-31-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tozan View Post
          How about a save system that reads the variables in from a data text table or data struct (for big rpg games with lots of variables in them) so we can
          save every flag in the game and just load them all back in again like you do with game checkpoints to carry on in the game where you left off. .
          In my batch version of my game, I have over a couple of thousand of these save variables down in the save routine section. But I haven't
          put all this into either a Blueprints data struct or in data text table yet as I don't know how to set that up in blueprints yet.
          I'll address this in my RPG series!

Comment

Sounds great, now we just need to find out HOW TO get it to turn off the music when exiting the window from the game when playing a movie
            with media player. because at the moment there's no way to shut the music off after you exit the window and go back to the editor.... Also if
            I load in a mp4 made with Crazytalk 8 which I made of my character talking voice dialog the movie shows up with lines and stripes on the mini screen instead of getting a clear picture showing my character talking. I don't know why its doing that. Anyone got a fix?
            Last edited by tozan; 03-31-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Here is Part 2 of my RPG Tutorial Series!

Comment

Hi there.

Thanks you for your vids, I'll definitely give them a watch when I get a chance. While you're at RPG, do you think you'd be able to do a dialogue/NPC interraction system tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by GoyetteQC View Post
                  Hi there.

Thanks you for your vids, I'll definitely give them a watch when I get a chance. While you're at RPG, do you think you'd be able to do a dialogue/NPC interraction system tutorial.
                  Part 2 shows how to interact with objects, but I will be doing a further in depth tutorial about ai/ npcs

Comment

Music player blueprint

Comment

Originally posted by Ascendancy View Post
                      Hi there, my name is Zachary, and I run NonLocality Software. I've been using UE4 since launch, and have become skilled in using blueprints, and want to share some of my knowledge in the form of short video tutorials. I don't really know where to start, so I figured I'd take requests.
                      Hi there!

Can you make a tutorial explaining an example of in-game store where you use coins or real money to buy items? Also where they could buy and download DLC's.
                      Thanks for sharing your skills and knowledge with us, and using your time for all this interesting videos

Comment

Hello, I just love your tutorials. I agree with everyone you give very good details when you describe what you are doing.

I'd love to request a tutorial on how to make
                        a player anim blueprint that has 2 different state machines(modes)

walking/flying.

I have 2 dragons that ill gladly share with you if you want

The issue im having is making it when he goes into the movement component mode "flying"
                        he is still using the walk animation and it looks horrible. hahaha

i can show you what I have myself maybe you can extend that?
                        Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Working...
                        X