Play Anim Montage problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play Anim Montage problem

I do simple montage (one animation) and use in MyCharacter BP "Play Anim Montage" (self) on Begin Play but not works. what i miss?

for play this animation works "Mesh"->Play Animation but i going to need play some montages in this way.
    pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Could be a couple things.

1) make sure you've specified on the Play Anim Montage node WHICH montage to play

2) make sure you're feeding an active slot! A montage needs at least one slot name, and you have to make sure the output of that slot is actually being fed to the anim graph (either outside the state machine, or inside the state machine in an active state at the time the montage is played).

Otherwise, the anim montage will play, but you won't see it because your state machine won't have blended the output of that montage into the final pose.

Comment

i think is a concept fault then, i not have the montage in any anim graph, will try that thx.
      pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Comment

Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
        (either outside the state machine, or inside the state machine in an active state at the time the montage is played).
        Wanted to emphasis this point - I had it almost working myself but had it inside a state that wasn't necessarily active when it went off so it looked like it wasn't working. Moving it outside of the state machine worked perfectly for my purposes.

So that's something to watch out for!
        Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Had the same problem. This solved it for me:
          Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
          2) make sure you're feeding an active slot! A montage needs at least one slot name, and you have to make sure the output of that slot is actually being fed to the anim graph (either outside the state machine, or inside the state machine in an active state at the time the montage is played).

Otherwise, the anim montage will play, but you won't see it because your state machine won't have blended the output of that montage into the final pose.

It's also explained in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aZb...EvXis&index=20

I recommend the rest of the videos in the playlist. They are well exaplained. Really good intro to animation system.

Comment

Working...
          X