No announcement yet.

MIDI device stops sending events after some time [MIDI Device Support Plugin]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIDI device stops sending events after some time [MIDI Device Support Plugin]

I'm building a game that uses a MIDI device as input (enabled with use of the MIDI Device Support Plugin in Unreal). I've noticed that every time I run the game, my MIDI devices will stop sending events eventually. The game will successfully receive MIDI input for 1-30 seconds before events stop coming through. If I restart the game, MIDI events start coming through again (then eventually stop).

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Garbage collection is deleting it! Store a reference to the midi controller in an active BP to have it persist.
    Try my procedural music tools: Arthurs Audio BPs

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurBarthur View Post
      Garbage collection is deleting it! Store a reference to the midi controller in an active BP to have it persist.
      I have same problem - https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...isconnect-help
      Please how can I Store a reference to the midi controller in an active BP. I am beginner in BP. Thank you

Comment

The trick is to store it as a variable, in some blueprint that exists in the level!

Click image for larger version  Name:	midiYo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	504.9 KB ID:	1736322

Last edited by ArthurBarthur; 03-24-2020, 02:54 AM.
        Try my procedural music tools: Arthurs Audio BPs

Comment

Working...
        X