Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using classical music as soundtrack

Hi all,
    I was reading about this subject online and it looks like you can't really use classical music as soundtrack even if its composer died over 70 years ago. What I mean is that even the music sheets a in the public domain the renditions are under copyright.
    My questions for you is: is there a source with good quality material I can use? Is it there a software that I can provide with a music sheet and get an high quality audio file that I can use freely?
    I'm specifically interested in Erik Satie and I'd love to be able to use some of his works in a project.

Thank you for your time!

Hi,
    You could use Sibelius and use either photoscore or manual input to iput your score, then choose midi instruments. THeis software gives good results with pdf transcriptions as long as the PDF sheet is top noth quality, otherwise you'll have to edit the result a lot, which can be a real pain in the neck if you're not yourself a musician and not accustomed to that kind of software.

Otherwise, you can also use Musescore, which is free and allows PDF imports as well. it's less powerfull though.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucabulles View Post
      Hi,
      You could use Sibelius and use either photoscore or manual input to iput your score, then choose midi instruments. THeis software gives good results with pdf transcriptions as long as the PDF sheet is top noth quality, otherwise you'll have to edit the result a lot, which can be a real pain in the neck if you're not yourself a musician and not accustomed to that kind of software.

Otherwise, you can also use Musescore, which is free and allows PDF imports as well. it's less powerfull though.
      Thank you very much for your reply! Yes, I'm not a musician so I need to find a way to convert classical music sheets and use it without restrictions and good quality.

Comment

Working...
      X