Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the volume of a media sound component?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the volume of a media sound component?

So I figured that you need a media sound component in order to actually have the sound from the video playing in the scene, but the media sound component doesn't appear to have the same sound/volume multiplier parameters as a normal audio instance, how do you alter the volume of media sound component as one would expect?

Currently, you can associate a Media Sound Component with a SoundClass, which will let you set a base volume scalar as well as let you employ SoundMixes to manipulate the volume during game. There is also a BP function that lets you apply a volume multiplier on a specific Media Sound Component during gameplay.
    Dan Reynolds
    Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
      Currently, you can associate a Media Sound Component with a SoundClass, which will let you set a base volume scalar as well as let you employ SoundMixes to manipulate the volume during game. There is also a BP function that lets you apply a volume multiplier on a specific Media Sound Component during gameplay.
      Thanks, I recently discovered this thanks to someone on the Unreal Discord chat. You can create a custom soundlcass and plug that in to change the volume multiplier and that works nicely. I'll have a more comprehensive tutorial on it eventually. Useful to know.

Comment

Working...
      X