Audio related crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio related crash

I posted this in the Answerhub but wasn't sure which section was correct for the issue. My game is crashing with the message below. I'm using 'set base mix' in blueprints to change volume levels. Before I unload a map I bring the volume down in that map and bring up a background sound that's constantly looping in the persistent level, and then when the new map loads in I do the reverse.

The crash always occurs on level changes but it's not consistent - sometimes I can get through a number of levels before it happens, sometimes not.This happens both when playing in editor and in a packaged project (with the same error message).

I'm not sure how to go about solving this, any ideas would be great!

Assertion failed: SoundWave && SoundWave->bProcedural [File:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/AudioMixer/Private/AudioMixerSourceBuffer.cpp] [Line: 507]

UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_AudioMixer
    UE4Editor_AudioMixer
    UE4Editor_AudioMixer
    UE4Editor_AudioMixer
    UE4Editor_AudioMixer
    UE4Editor_AudioMixer
    UE4Editor_AudioMixerCore
    UE4Editor_AudioMixerCore
    UE4Editor_AudioMixerCore
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    kernel32
    ntdll

For anyone that might come across this via search - I set the project to stream all sound waves longer than 5 seconds and it seems to have solved the problem.

Edit - not solved - the crash came back after not showing up for a while ;_;
    Because the crash is so intermittent it's really tough to fix.
    Last edited by KimLaughton; 12-08-2019, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X